She is an American political staffer. And she is popular for being a close aide to American politician and diplomat Hillary Clinton. Huma was U.S. Secretary of State from 2009 to 2013 after serving as Deputy Chief of Staff to Clinton when she became the Vice Chair of Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign for President of the United States. In this blog, we bring information about her personal life like her Parents, Biography, Wikipedia, Husband/Boyfriend’s name, Net Worth Income, and more details you want to know.
Huma Abedin Wiki/Biography
She was born on 28 July 1975 in Kalamazoo, Michigan, US. Huma’s parents moved to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia when she was 2 years old, where they were offered jobs at the university. She grew up in Jeddah. Huma completed her schooling at a British girls’ school. Huma spent her childhood traveling around the world. She said in an interview,
“I learned so much about the world by traveling. One of the greatest gifts my parents gave us was going on trips every summer when they were not working. We traveled through Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. If my parents were attending a conference somewhere, they would take us along.”
She joined George Washington University in Washington DC, where she pursued a Bachelor of Arts. Before she graduated, Huma applied to be a White House intern while still at college and secured a permanent position even. If you want more information about Huma Abedin Wiki, Biography, Parents, Age, Husband, Net Worth, and more then keep reading this article.
Huma Abedin Physical Status
- Hair Colour – Black
- Eye Colour – Black
- Height – 5’5″ (Approx)
- Weight – 68 Kg(Approx)
Huma Abedin Parents & Siblings [Father, Mother, Sister, Brother]
She is the daughter of an Indian-born father whose name is Sayed Zainul Abedin and a Pakistani mother whose name is Saleha Mahmood Abedin. Saleha Mahmood Abedin’s family moved from India to Pakistan after the partition in 1947. Before meeting and starting their family in Michigan her parents emigrated to the US separately on academic scholarships. They were interested in Islamic affairs and received their PhDs from the University of Pennsylvania, US. When Huma Abedin was 17 years old her father died from progressive renal failure.
Saleha became the president of the Institute of Muslim Minority after Sayed Zainul Abedin’s death, Affairs in Britain, which was established by Sayed in 1978. Later, Saleha Mahmood Abedin became the vice president of Dar Al-Hekma University in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Hassan Abedin Huma’s brother held the position of development officer Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies. Her sister, Heba Abedin is a fashion stylist in New York. If you want to know about Huma Abedin Wiki then keep reading this article.
Huma Abedin Husband & Children [Son, Daughter]
Huma Abedin got married to Anthony Weiner on 10 July 2010. Anthony is a former American politician. They were married at the fairytale-like Oheka Castle in Long Island, New York, in a garden ceremony. They have together a son name Jordan Zain Weiner. He was born in 2011. We provide all the latest details. If you want his love story, continue reading this article and know all the details.
Huma Abedin Relationships, Affairs & Love Story
Huma Abedin was asked by first time Anthony Weiner in August 2001, at a Democratic National Committee retreat on Martha’s Vineyard if she wanted to go out for drinks. They keep meeting each other at regular intervals at political events over the next six years. During Clinton’s presidential campaign the relationship turned romantic in 2008.
Huma revealed that in her book growing up in a conservative Muslim family, she was expected to lose her virginity only to her husband. Anthony Weiner gave up alcohol and pork and fasted during Ramadan alongside her Muslim girlfriend Huma Abedin during their long-term relationship. He proposed to her in 2009. Huma Abedin had barely dated anyone before Anthony Weiner, and he was her “first and only” she revealed in her book. She wrote in her book,
“It was a real journey for me to get to a place where I could allow myself to marry someone outside my faith. But he was my first love, and my greatest soulmate …”
Huma Abedin and Bradley Cooper Oscar-winning American actor Page Six reported they had been dating secretly for months. As information, Huma Abedin and Bradley Cooper are introduced by Vogue editor Anna Wintour, who is close with them.
Huma Abedin Religion
Huma Abedin is a devout Muslim, and her ex-husband Anthony Weiner was an American Jew. If you want more info about Huma Abedin Wiki, Net Worth, Salary, Ethnicity, and more then keep in touch with us we have provided all details about her.
Huma Abedin Career
Huma Abedin first joined The White House in 1996 during the Presidency of Bill Clinton and she was assigned to then-First Lady Hillary Clinton’s office. She worked as Bill Clinton’s personal aide in the shadows for many years. Huma officially took over as Bill Clinton’s aide in 2000 and personal advisor during Clinton’s 2000 U.S. Senate campaign in New York. Huma Abedin’s work in the Senate and her successful campaign led her to a Senior Advisor to Senator Hillary Clinton.
Huma was an assistant editor of the Journal of Muslim Minority Affairs from 1996 to 2008. She became traveling Chief of Staff for Clinton’s 2008 presidential campaign. She was appointed Deputy Chief of Staff to Clinton in the United States Department of State in 2009. In June 2012, she left her position as Deputy Chief of Staff and became a special government employee, i.e., a consultant After returning from maternity.
Hillary Clinton created an arrangement for Huma who is her longtime aide and confidante She works for private clients as a consultant while simultaneously serving as an adviser in the department. Huma Abedin worked at the State Department continuing and she worked for Teneo, a strategic consulting firm in the latter half of 2012. At the same time, she served as a consultant at the Clinton Foundation. Huma Abedin served as director of the transition team that helped Hillary Clinton return to her private life after leaving her post at the State Department in 2013. She worked as vice-chairperson for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign for president while continuing to serve as a personal assistant to Clinton.
Read Also: Esther McVey Wiki
Huma Abedin Controversies
►Possible Terrorist Infiltration
The five Republican members of Congress, including former presidential candidate Michele Bachmann, wrote a letter in June 2012 when Huma Abedin was in the spotlight, saying she should be investigated for possible terrorist “infiltration” of the state department. The letter read,
“Huma Abedin has three family members – her late father, her mother, and her brother – connected to Muslim Brotherhood operatives and/or organizations.”
The Congressmen questioned why she had not been disqualified for a security clearance Huma Abedin Alleging that had immediate family connections to foreign extremist organizations. Senator John McCain dismissed the allegations and gave a speech to the Senate defending her and said,
“Huma represents what is best about America … I am proud to call her my friend.”
Lindsey Graham and more Republicans, the then-House Speaker John Boehner, spoke up for her, and the scandal faded.
►Employment Records and Emails
Judicial Watch appealed federal court in Washington, D.C., requesting details of the arrangement in October 2015 under which Huma Abedin was designated a special government employee. And allowing her to also perform outside consulting work while on the federal payroll. Thereafter, Hillary Clinton’s Email by Huma Abedin became a part of Controversy and Clinton had used personal email accounts on non-government, privately maintained federal government servers to conduct official business during her tenure as secretary of state maintained servers exclusively instead of email accounts.
Judicial Watch the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit led to the release of 2,800 e-mails from Huma Abedin that were found on the laptop computer of Anthony Weiner, her estranged husband. The community has stated that some officials within the intelligence potentially classified information contained in e-mails from Huma Abedin relating to the 2012 Benghazi attack and its aftermath.
Huma Abedin Salary & Net Worth
Huma earned approximately $135,000 from the State Department in 2012. But her net worth is not available.
Huma Abedin Facts
- Huma Abedin was inspired by Christiane Amanpour and wanted to be a journalist since childhood. In 1966, when she made her way as an intern to the White House, Huma hoped to be placed in the press office. However, she was assigned to First Lady Hillary Clinton’s office.
- During Clinton’s 2008, she gained immense popularity for maintaining an improbable level of the chic presidential campaign due to her elegant wardrobe, penchant for designer handbags, and in an upscale Washington DC neighborhood purchasing of apartments.
- Her husband first came across infidelity when she found a flirty email from a stranger on Weiner’s phone not long before their wedding. Huma Abedin readily accepted his explanation and excuses.
- Huma Abedin wore her Pakistani grandmother’s heirloom necklace and a custom-designed ravishing east-west fusion gown using a burnt gold palette on her wedding day, by Oscar de la Renta.
- She authored the book Both/And: A Life in Many Worlds in 2021.
- She does not drink alcohol as a devout Muslim.
- Huma Abedin is non-vegetarian.
- Huma Abedin in Time magazine Listed its “40 under-40s” list, describing her as Hillary’s second shadow in 2010. She led her to feature as a model on the cover pages of numerous notable magazines by her style statement. In 2007, she was also a featured model for US Vogue.
- Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley raised questions about Huma Abedin’s work as a State Department employee in 2013, The fact that she held four jobs which included working as a part-time aide to Clinton at the State Department, Clinton’s personal assistant, and consultant at Teneo Holdings and Clinton Foundation. Chuck Grassley released information showcasing that the State Department’s inspector general had discovered in 2015 that she had violated the rules governing vacation and sick leave during her tenure on the payroll as a Federal employee in the department as Huma was overpaid when she left the government by almost $10,000 for unused leave time. Huma Abedin was working while she was on maternity leave and thus had earned the extra pay her lawyer, Miguel Rodriguez, contested the findings.
- Huma Abedin can fluently speak English, Urdu, and Arabic.
- She worked in the American fly-on-the-wall political documentary film ‘Weiner,’ In 2016, and this film centered around Anthony Weiner’s campaign for Mayor of New York City during the 2013 mayoral election.
- In July 2022, Freida Pinto Indian actress announced that she would be developing and starring in a TV series based upon Huma Abedin’s memoir, Both/And: A Life in Many Worlds (2021). Huma Abedin will be an executive producer of the show along with Emily Verellen it was also announced that.
Huma Abedin Social Media Accounts
FAQ About Huma Abedin Wiki
Q.1 Who is Huma Abedin?
Ans. She is an American political staffer.
Q.2 Who is the husband of Huma Abedin?
Ans. Anthony Weiner.
Q.3 What is the age of Glory?
Ans. 47 years old.