SAN FRANCISCO – January 12, 2022 – Kiddom, the first all-in-one learning platform for high-quality digital curricula, today announced the expansion of its partnership with Kendall Hunt Publishing. As a certified partner of the non-profit organization OpenSciEd since August 2021, Kendall Hunt will offer a customized version of high-quality OpenSciEd high school science teaching materials in a dynamic format through Kiddom’s comprehensive digital curriculum platform. This expansion follows a successful partnership between Kiddom and Kendall Hunt in February 2021 to provide the Illustrative Mathematics K-12 syllabus to users who are interested in a more robust or exclusively digital experience.
“Working with Kendall Hunt over the past year has been a dream for Kiddom, and we are excited to further strengthen our partnership by integrating their customized OpenSciEd offering for high school sciences,” said Abbas Manjee, co-founder and CEO. in Kiddom. “OpenSciEd’s commitment to flexibility and quality is in line with Kiddom’s core values, and we look forward to offering a dynamic, fully customizable, standards-compliant version of OpenSciEd materials on our digital curriculum platform.”
Kiddom provides teachers and administrators with all the tools they need, in one digital environment, so they have a single, cohesive place for seamless access to high-quality content and customized teaching. With Kiddom, teachers no longer have to juggle multiple tools and have access to more than 70,000 high-quality, customizable, standards-adapted add-on resources in an integrated content library. Its key features are consistent with the five key features of the OpenSciEd instructional materials, including:
● Based on phenomena: The modular design of the Kiddom unit allows teachers to easily concentrate lessons around OpenSciEd phenomena. In addition, Kiddom’s complete set of interactive question types makes it easy for students to demonstrate understanding in many ways.
● Cohesion for students: Students can view upcoming assignments on the Kiddom timeline and have the right to work on them at their own pace. It places students in the “driver’s seat” of their study experience.
● Driven by evidence: The Kiddom Content Library allows teachers to quickly and easily obtain additional high-quality, customizable, standards-adjusted additional resources from trusted organizations.
● Cooperation: The Kiddom Communication Toolkit supports and encourages collaboration. Chat, threaded discussions in announcements and groups allow students to collaborate on problem solving and finding solutions.
● Righteous: Kiddom’s mission is to improve education for all teachers and students. The company strives to provide every student with a high quality education, regardless of gender, race, origin, income or level of education. The Kiddom platform is fully accessible and is designed for all students of all abilities. Kiddom works on any device, on any web browser and on a wide range of internet speeds.
“Kiddom is dedicated to strengthening classes with the highest quality digital curriculum and flexible technology to better serve students,” said Kendall Hunt, K-12 Division Vice President Charley Cook. “Our expanded partnership with Kiddom will provide schools with exclusive access to customized, standards-adapted OpenSciEd materials on the Kiddom digital curriculum platform to transform science teaching experiences for high school students across the country.”
Kendall Hunt is a 75-year veteran of providing innovative educational solutions and in August 2021 became a certified partner of OpenSciEd. OpenSciEd was created to address the shortage of materials aligned with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and to provide students with a curriculum where they learn and evaluate science. OpenSciEd allows teachers to adapt, change, transform, or build on any of its materials, which directly supports Kiddom’s ability for teachers to modify the curriculum by adjusting scope and sequence, adjusting cultural relevance, or differentiating for different groups of students.
To learn more about the expanded partnership between Kiddom and Kendall Hunt Publishing, visit https://k12.kendallhunt.com/openscied-kiddom.
Kiddom is the first all-in-one learning platform for a high-quality digital curriculum. It integrates curriculum management, teaching, assessment and communication tools into one solution, saving schools valuable time, resources and money. With the flexibility to access and adapt curricula from anywhere, Kiddom is the only learning platform that can effectively support teachers and students who engage in classroom, blended, hybrid or distance learning scenarios, as well as quickly switch between them. Headquartered in San Francisco and headquartered in New York, Kiddom is a team of passionate educators, designers and developers who create technologies to unleash their full potential on all teachers and students. To learn more, visit https://www.kiddom.co.
About Kendall Hunt
Kendall Hunt has a 75-year history of providing innovative educational solutions. As a publisher of practical science subjects, mathematics and gifted curricula for K-12 grades, it also offers the only free certified Illustrative Mathematics for K-12 grades. Combined with a variety of stand-alone K-12 products, ConstructEd, a division of Kendall Hunt, allows schools and teachers to create custom, customized textbooks or digital products using existing products or creating their own. For more information, visit www.k12.kendallhunt.com.